Re: NOT NULL constrinat lost in VIEW after cast

From: <andized_at_gmx.net>
Date: 23 May 2007 01:08:15 -0700

On 22 Mai, 18:29, DA Morgan <damor..._at_psoug.org> wrote:
> [...]
>
> Oracle version?
> DDL?
>
> We can not look over your shoulder and see your monitor.
> --
> Daniel A. Morgan
> University of Washington
> damor..._at_x.washington.edu
> (replace x with u to respond)

here's some additional information:

Oracle Version:
Oracle Database 10g Enterprise Edition Release 10.2.0.3.0 - 64bit

DDL of the Table:

CREATE TABLE TABLE_TEST
(
  COLUMN VARCHAR2(10 BYTE) NOT NULL, )
TABLESPACE USERS
PCTUSED 0
PCTFREE 10
INITRANS 1
MAXTRANS 255
STORAGE (

            INITIAL          64K
            MINEXTENTS       1
            MAXEXTENTS       2147483645
            PCTINCREASE      0
            BUFFER_POOL      DEFAULT
           )

LOGGING
NOCOMPRESS
NOCACHE
NOPARALLEL
MONITORING; DDL of the View:

CREATE OR REPLACE VIEW VIEW_TEST
(COLUMN)
AS
SELECT
       cast(column as number(12))
  FROM TABLE_TEST
/

a "DESC VIEW_TEST" gives me the following result:

VIEW VIEW_TEST

 Name                                      Null?
Type i.e., the NOT NULL constraint is gone.

AndiZed Received on Wed May 23 2007 - 03:08:15 CDT