PLS-00307 "Too many declarations of CheckManufacturersDict match this call"

From: Vojta <ryvo_at_centrum.cz>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 10:11:37 +0200

Please, can you advise? I declared function in package:

FUNCTION CheckManufacturersDict RETURN BOOLEAN IS   result BOOLEAN DEFAULT TRUE;
BEGIN
/*

  Calculate result value based on some table values   */
  RETURN result;
END CheckManufacturersDict;

If i try to compile it I get error PLS-00307 "Too many declarations of CheckManufacturersDict match this call.
But if I change function result to VARCHAR2 instead of BOOLEAN it is compiled without any messages:

FUNCTION CheckManufacturersDict RETURN VARCHAR2 IS   result VARCHAR2(1) DEFAULT 'Y';
BEGIN
/*

  Calculate result value based on some table values   */
  RETURN result;
END CheckManufacturersDict;

I need the function to return BOOLEAN type. How can I do that please?

Thank you! Received on Tue May 22 2007 - 03:11:37 CDT