Re: DBMS_JOB.SUBMIT killing/cancelling a job

From: jobs <jobs_at_webdos.com>
Date: 21 May 2007 11:58:06 -0700

On May 18, 4:28 pm, Mark D Powell <Mark.Pow..._at_eds.com> wrote:
> On May 18, 11:04 am, jobs <j..._at_webdos.com> wrote:
>
> > I have connection (from SQL Server SSIS) that launches and monitor
> > jobs in Oracle (9i and 10g).
>
> > I can tell if a job is currently running from a
>
> > select * from all_jobs; in oracle.
>
> > The cleanest/safest way to stop or cancel a job in oracle so that it
> > disappears from all_jobs is and not doing anything any longer?
>
> And the "cleanest/safest way to stop or cancel a job in oracle" is?
>
> Where is the actual command you run? What happens when you submit it?
>
> On the 10g instance you should be using dbms_scheduler to control
> jobs.
>
> Full Oracle versions may be required for someone to help you with this
> since Oracle bugs are usually version specific as are when features
> became available.
>
> -- Mark D Powell --

I need to have the same client (asp.net) kicking off jobs on both 9i an 10g. Right now everything works great, except I need to give users a way to kill jobs.

I have an oracle function that launches jobs that is passed procedures.

CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION CPM_SUBMIT (cpmjobno in number, iprocname in varchar, iparms in varchar)
return number
is

    jobno number;
BEGIN

	DBMS_JOB.SUBMIT(jobno,iprocname||'('||iparms||');',sysdate);
	commit;
	dbms_output.put_line('CPM_SUBMIT HAS LAUNCHED JOB');
	dbms_output.put_line(jobno);
	return (jobno);

END; thanks. Received on Mon May 21 2007 - 13:58:06 CDT