Do you use PL/SQL

From: Doug Davis <douglass_davis_at_earthlink.net>
Date: 19 May 2007 20:02:52 -0700

I will be teaching a PL/SQL class, and I wanted to get some opinions. I read about PL/SQL, but wanted some practical advice from people who have used it.

  1. Why use PL/SQL instead of just sending SQL queries from a program written in a procedural language on the client side (Java, Visual Basic, C++, anything.)
  2. What are some examples of "real-world" things that you have done with PL/SQL (or have heard some one do with PL/SQL?)

thanks.

--
http://www.douglassdavis.com