Re: Who is Mladen Gogala?

From: Ed Prochak <edprochak_at_gmail.com>
Date: 17 May 2007 08:57:36 -0700

On May 15, 6:11 pm, dbaplusp..._at_hotmail.com wrote:
> On May 15, 2:03 pm, Ed Prochak <edproc..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > On May 11, 5:56 pm, dbaplusp..._at_hotmail.com wrote:
[]
> > 1. IF you had evidence of racism you could find the post in google and
> > provide the link.
>
> > 2. IF you had evidence of contributing something back to this group
> > (posting some answers rather than only questions), then you could show
> > us that too.
>
> > Lacking 1 or 2 your reputation here spirals down lower and lower.
>
> > Ed Prochak

Well I guess I did give you the option of one or the other. I still have yet to see you give back anything to this group.

> I thought you can do google search. Below are links. I am sure you
> will come with some explanation that these
> are not racist remarks.

I did not make the accusation. The burden of proof was on you.

> http://www.thescripts.com/forum/thread64148.html
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/comp.databases.oracle.server/browse_th...
>
> Read this link (sonewhere towards middle or so, Sybrand starts showing
> his racial attack:Sybrand Bakker <gooidit..._at_sybrandb.demon.nl> wrote in message > By
>
> flaming me in this fashion and agreeing with the Niemic and
>

> > You have also clearly demonstrated now that Indian Oracle 'experts'
> > indeed are arrogant idiots, just like yourself.
> > Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

Well, maybe he did go a little far here. It looks to me less like he specifically targetted Indians than he was targetting self-styled 'experts'. However, I think his flame would have had the same meaning without the word Indian in it.

Since I did ask for only one example, you did come up with it, I will conceed the contention that indeed Sybrand had made what appears to be a racist statement. While in my judgement, it shows Sybrand's a little hot headed at times, it still fails to earn much respect for yourself.

As far as your original diatribe in this thread, I don't pick my technology books because of the personality of the author. If it works use it, is a phrase I try to follow. So if I see a book by Sybrand on Oracle, I will buy it because I trust his technical expertise and his willingness to contribute to this group. I don't know if I have or will buy a book from you because you lack the respect for me and others here to even post your real name.

I'll end this here. You did make your point to some extent. You do need to learn how to present yourself and your message to others. You make too many rash judgements and hasty condemnations.

You still lack any respect from me due to this crass approach and lack of any respect for others. I'm hoping this discussion will help change your attitude (but to be honest, I am not going to hold my breath).

So again, I leave you with a choice.
 Go away while you have something of a success under your belt. OR
 Start making positive contributions to this group. OR
 Continue to act like a troll and be disliked and ignored in this group.

you fate is in your own hands.

    Ed Received on Thu May 17 2007 - 10:57:36 CDT