Re: Who is Mladen Gogala?

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 16 May 2007 12:37:16 -0700

On May 15, 3:11 pm, dbaplusp..._at_hotmail.com wrote:
> On May 15, 2:03 pm, Ed Prochak <edproc..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I thought you can do google search. Below are links. I am sure you
> will come with some explanation that these
> are not racist remarks.
>
> http://www.thescripts.com/forum/thread64148.html
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/comp.databases.oracle.server/browse_th...
>
> Read this link (sonewhere towards middle or so, Sybrand starts showing
> his racial attack:Sybrand Bakker <gooidit..._at_sybrandb.demon.nl> wrote in message > By
>
> flaming me in this fashion and agreeing with the Niemic and
>

> > You have also clearly demonstrated now that Indian Oracle 'experts'
> > indeed are arrogant idiots, just like yourself.
> > Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

Did you happen to google the fellow Sybrand was responding to, Jitendra Patel? Is he an Indian or not? I think he is not, but is pretending to be in order to be incendiary.

I do agree, you've managed to find one apparently racist comment among the many thousands of his posts. Or maybe he just fell for a troll.

Does this mean there isn't an endemic problem with cheap labor? Is there no way to point that out without offending the political correctness police? Is it not possible that Oracle fell for the fallacy of scripted support, which just happened to be driven by a particular geographic business area? I'm sure there are plenty of smart Indian/Oracle people, I know I've worked with some and learned much from others. I work with several every day. But when I've been directed to them through Oracle support, they've been uniformly the worst, just as Sybrand describes. It's unfortunate that he described it in a manner that smeared all Indians, I can only hope that what he really meant was those doing bad work. Personally, I blame the companies that perpetuate the problems. How many of those in India are managed by non-Indians? Does that make me racist?

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
http://csoonline.com/read/040107/fea_spam_by_the_numbers.html