Re: ORACLE CMAN FIREWALL

From: <domcat_at_gmail.com>
Date: 16 May 2007 09:08:38 -0700

On 15 Mag, 12:03, sybrandb <sybra..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> On May 15, 11:08 am, dom..._at_gmail.com wrote:
>

> > Hi to all.
>
> > I need help to solve a problem with CMAN
> > We are able to configure CMAN in this situation (quite easy)
> > CLIENT--->CMAN--->(ORA_phisical_IP)ORACLE
> > ORA_phisical_IP is the phisical ip address of the oracle server
>
> > But our real situation is
> > CLIENT---->CMAN---->(ORA_logic_IP)FIREWALL---->(ORA_phisical_IP)ORACLE
>
> > the firewall statically map the ORACLE phisical IP with a logical IP.
> > We configure CMAN as if the oracle server has the logical IP address
> > CLIENT--->CMAN--->(ORA_logic_IP)ORACLE
>
> > tnsping to ORA_logic_IP works
> > The CMAN connection works, but after a timeout of about 15 minutes it
> > stops working.
> > The only way to create again the connection is to execute agian
>
> > alter system set local_listener= '(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP )(Host =
> > ORA_logic_IP)(port = 1521))'
> > ALTER SYSTEM REGISTER
>
> > Is there any specific configuration for CMAN that can solve this
> > problem
>
> > Thanks
>
> Your CMAN is at the wrong end of the firewall.
>
> --
> Sybrand Bakker
> Senior Oracle DBA- Nascondi testo tra virgolette -
>
> - Mostra testo tra virgolette -

Sorry, but I don't understand what you mean. I'll give you some other information.
The CMAN system divide the Client (a java client) from the intranet and the firewall divide the oracle DB from the intranet too. (this is because the java client and the ORacle DB belong to two different company)
I cant change this configuration

JAVA CLIENT

CMAN

intranet

FIREWALL
(publish ORACLE with logical IP - static mapping)

(phisical IP)
ORACLE Thanks Received on Wed May 16 2007 - 11:08:38 CDT