Re: Tracking Procedures

From: <sybrandb_at_hccnet.nl>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2007 22:38:49 +0200

On 15 May 2007 12:03:10 -0700, "amerar_at_iwc.net" <amerar_at_iwc.net> wrote:

>What about a script to parse v$sql every 3 minutes to get the names of
>the stored procedures that are running or have run, then I can trace
>it that way........
>
>I assume that entries stay in v$sql for a bit of time once they are
>done running???

Horrible suggestion, as you would temporarily lock the library cache.

Actually you could very easily 'instrument' those stored procedures, by wrapping them up in one new procedure per procedure, logging it's call in a table, and calling the original procedure. Obviously you would need a second user and synonyms to have the application call your wrappers.
I know the idea is horrible, but as you seem to be already in an undocumented mess, it doesn't matter that much, does it.

BTW did you consider using dba_dependencies?

--
Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA