Re: EXECUTE ANY PROCEDURE

From: Jeff Kish <jeff.kish_at_mro.com>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2007 16:11:15 -0400

On Mon, 14 May 2007 20:46:51 +0200, sybrandb_at_hccnet.nl wrote:

>On Mon, 14 May 2007 14:19:40 -0400, Jeff Kish <jeff.kish_at_mro.com>
>wrote:
>
>>I get this error message:
>>
>>ORA-00903: invalid table name
>>
>>But if I log in as myuser I can do this:
>>
>>select * from table;
>>
>>Jeff Kish
>
>These aren't the *real* user and table names, are they?
>Because in that case you wouldn't receive ora-903.
>Did you look up ora-903 at tahiti, or do you expect people here know
>all the error numbers or they will look all errors up on your behalf?
mmmm.. that isn't helpful at all.
I'm really not trying to get along with no effort here. I've looked at this for hours with out luck.

I change the table name to 'table' for the question.. actually the name was 'asset'...

If anyone still feels helpful after this dialog I appreciate it..

Redoing from scratch, I entered:

CREATE TABLE assetnew
(
assnumber varchar2(60)
CONSTRAINT number_nn NOT NULL,
assdesc varchar2(100),
CONSTRAINT assnumber_pk PRIMARY KEY (assnumber)); insert into assetnew(assnumber,assdesc) values ('123','123desc'); commit;

select * from assetnew; (gives me a row)

select * from 22a.assetnew (gives me error ORA-00903: invalid table name)

but I can select using the qualifier from schemas that appear to have the same tables and data.

look up the error? Well yeah, but it didn't help.

ORA-00903 invalid table name

    Cause: A table or cluster name is invalid or does not exist. This message is also issued if an invalid cluster name or no cluster name is specified in an ALTER CLUSTER or DROP CLUSTER statement.

    Action: Check spelling. A valid table name or cluster name must begin with a letter and may contain only alphanumeric characters and the special characters $, _, and #. The name must be less than or equal to 30 characters and cannot be a reserved word.

Jeff Kish Received on Mon May 14 2007 - 15:11:15 CDT