Re: Who is Mladen Gogala?

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 14 May 2007 11:08:25 -0700

On May 11, 2:57 pm, dbaplusp..._at_hotmail.com wrote:
> On May 10, 6:48 pm, joel garry <joel-ga..._at_home.com> wrote:
>
> > On May 9, 9:27 am, dbaplusp..._at_hotmail.com wrote:
>
> > > dbaplusplus has been working as an ORACLE DBA for more than 20 years.
>
> > I call bullshit.
>
> > jg
> > --
> > @home.com is bogus.http://www.pseudodictionary.com/cybernesia
>
> You sould exactly like Sybarnd and Mladen.

Oddly enough, there have been times when I've told both of them what I thought was wrong with their posting style. Then we've all moved on, essentially agreeing to disagree, since any desire to change posting style must come from internal motivation. Newbies may be browbeaten into changing their style (or may just leave), but those of us that have actually been posting a long time tend to blow it off, or even be amused. Even the most thick-skinned may be hurt by personal attacks, you just never know. That's why it's better to remember that there are people on the other end of the line, and always try to be courteous, professional and polite. And you never know when or who you will meet in meatspace.

I don't have a problem with people posting with pseudonyms, but anyone doing so must realize that some people put more credence in posts by those who use real names, and other people may make certain assumptions about you given the lack of real information. That will be compounded if English isn't your first language.

20 years ago being an Oracle DBA pretty much meant VMS, and I just don't get the feeling you were doing it. You are welcome to prove me wrong, though you might keep in mind that I was already well experienced in the VMS world at that time. Not that I remember much.

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
"I've been playing D&D since before it was cool" - bumper sticker