Re: Need help : degrading performance in record updates

From: <AkshayAOI_at_gmail.com>
Date: 13 May 2007 22:49:58 -0700

On May 13, 5:10 pm, Frank van Bortel <frank.van.bor..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
Hello All,

first of all my apologies for the "Lakh" thing.

I need to use the batch program as I need to process the text file data to upload in the db.
Frank, I am not a oracle person but a Java programmer. On the program side I have tried a couple of things to my understanding. Rechecked for any memory leaks possible, thoroughly. Tightened the code related to file reading.

As for "Error02 : Commit slow"... I did not get your point.... do you say that, commits should be more frequent?

jg, yes, I am committing in a loop.

yes, 100k*25 is the records per file.

I connecting through a Dual Core 2.99GHz 1GB machine to another Dual Core 2.99GHz 1GB machine, both running WinXP Professional. And Oracle9i is the database. I just dont understand what could be the bottleneck :-(.

Thank you in advance for any help/directions.