Synonym Question

From: <pankaj_wolfhunter_at_yahoo.co.in>
Date: 9 May 2007 03:48:25 -0700

Greetings,

                   I have 3 schemas in my Development ORACLE database
say SCHEMA1, SCHEMA2 and SCHEMA3.
And
I have 3 schemas in QA ORACLE database namely SCHEMA1, SCHEMA2 and SCHEMA4. Objects in different schemas referring to each other. (Select * from SCHEMA1.TBL1, SCHEMA2.TBL2, SCHEMA3.TBL3). When I move my scripts from Development to QA environment, these scripts are not working because of SCHEMA3 is referred as SCHEMA4
in QA environment.

Client does not want to change the DB scripts. One alternative is creating a synonym

Can I create a SYNONYM for SCHEMA4 as SCHEMA3 in QA environment? Whats the other alternatives?

Help would be appreciated. Received on Wed May 09 2007 - 05:48:25 CDT