Re: Help for 10g Table Trigger ----first post

From: Maxim Demenko <mdemenko_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 07 May 2007 20:22:24 +0200

The Great Pawn Hunter schrieb:
> Hi everyone,
>
> This is my first post on the newsgroup so please be kind to a newbie.
> I have the following code for an Oracle 10g table trigger
>
> create or replace trigger chk_multi_dup
> after insert or update on epics.actor_attribute
> for each statement
>
> SQL PLUS complains that it is expecting "for each row"...however, I
> truly do want it to be for each statement.
>

> The Great Pawn Hunter

Row level trigger requires "FOR EACH ROW" clause. If you omit the above, dml trigger is statement level trigger.

The one of the fastest alternatives (compared to any other) to check, whether syntax you used is correct is to lookup it in the documentation. http://download-uk.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/server.102/b14200/statements_7004.htm#i2235611

Best regards

Maxim Received on Mon May 07 2007 - 13:22:24 CDT