Count(*) Versus Count(1)

From: Priya <supriyarshete_at_gmail.com>
Date: 2 May 2007 22:21:24 -0700

Hi,

I Read on Many sites about Count (*) and Count(1). But there are conflicts in the documents.
Some where it has been specified like count (*) gives better performance and somewhere it is like Count (1) gives better performance.

Can anybody please help me to understand how it works and which one is better for performance?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks Received on Thu May 03 2007 - 00:21:24 CDT