Help - "Business Day" Problem

From: <pankaj_wolfhunter_at_yahoo.co.in>
Date: 27 Apr 2007 05:58:17 -0700

Greetings,

          I have a requirement where an input date will be provided and I have to
update a table with the date previous to input_date (input_date - 1)

All I have to make sure is input_date - 1 should not be 'SAT' or 'SUN' and should not be
in our holiday table.

Something like

UPDATE TABLE1
SET final_date =(SELECT input_date - 1

		 FROM   ...
		 WHERE  TO_CHAR(TO_DATE ('input_date') - 1,'DY') NOT IN
('SAT','SUN')
		 AND    NOT EXISTS (SELECT h_holiday from holiday where h_holiday =
input_date)

My question do we need the FROM clause in the subquery? If yes, what to specify as this is just an
input date and not from any table.

Any help would be appreciated.

TIA Received on Fri Apr 27 2007 - 07:58:17 CDT