Re: Oracle accent

From: Gints Plivna <gints.plivna_at_gmail.com>
Date: 27 Apr 2007 02:07:54 -0700

> Assuming a multi byte character set is used. An assumption I would have
> made, too, but I have had long discussions, based on wrong assumptions.

That's why I said "most probably" ;)
Also he inserted 20 chars in 20 byte. If this would be single byte charset then there wouldn't be any problem at least connected with value too big, yea?

> > 1) choose another characterset of the db so that your french
> > characters are not multi-byte (which actually means rebuild the DB,
> > actually just a theoretical solution ;)
>
> Hmmm - there is a program called csscan (Character Set Scan), that will
> show you whether you can switch from one charset to another.
> So, this is not theoretical in all situations, but very likely (based
> on earlier made assumptions) in this case.

OK csscan is something new for me.

Gints Plivna
http://www.gplivna.eu Received on Fri Apr 27 2007 - 04:07:54 CDT