Re: ORA-12514 - afer installing Patch

From: Nicolas Bronke <Nicolas_Bronke_at_web.de>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2007 13:34:08 +0200

>> After I installed on Oracle 10g 2.0.2 the patch to 2.0.3 I cannot access
>> anymore to the previous installed instance. The Listener tells me
>>
>> ORA-12514: TNS:Listener konnte in Verbindungsdeskriptor angegebenen
>> SERVICE_NAME nicht auflösen
>>
>> and I cannot find why? If I am installing a new instance everything works
>> fine. (but not the old instance)
>>
>> Can someone help me?
>>
>> Thank you
>> Nicolas
>
> Operating system?

> ORACLE_BASE?
> ORACLE_HOME?
> ORACLE_SID?
> TNSPING?
The Operating System win Windows 2003
Meanwhile I found a hint an information on the internet, that explains, that the listener.ora has to be reconfigured and yes the entry of my database was lost. :-(

But after I reconfigured it, I could see that the database is not startet

ERROR: : ORA-01034: ORACLE not available : ORA-27101: shared memory realm does not exist

I also could not login with sys as sysdba, it tells me insufficient privileges.

Does exist any recommendation? Meanwhile I created another instance, which is working fine, but I would like to get the old instance running again.

Kind regards
Nicolas Received on Thu Apr 26 2007 - 06:34:08 CDT