Re: scheduled movement of data to remote server

From: Vladimir M. Zakharychev <vladimir.zakharychev_at_gmail.com>
Date: 21 Apr 2007 07:48:59 -0700

On Apr 20, 5:04 am, sonal.vajan..._at_gmail.com wrote:
> I am getting some data via a nightly batch onto a local server. I have
> to move this data into tables in a remote Oracle database.
>
> My requirement is that the data move from the server to the remote DB
> can run as a scheduled job.
>
> I am thinking of having the inserts into DB in the batch file itself.
> Is this a good approach. Or would it be better to run a java file and
> invoke that?
>
> Any help will be most appreciated. Thanks. Sonal.

Depends on the structures in both databases. If they are identical, you may want to look at Advanced Replication - it can push or pull data on schedule and it's tightly integrated into the database core. Otherwise the choice is yours: use two batches loading the same data into both databases using different transformations, use a PL/SQL stored procedure to push data from source to target, use external tools (Java or whichever language you are comfortable with.)

Regards,

   Vladimir M. Zakharychev
   N-Networks, makers of Dynamic PSP(tm)    http://www.dynamicpsp.com Received on Sat Apr 21 2007 - 09:48:59 CDT