Select UNICODE (UTF8) data as octets from database Options

From: OracleServer <helge.hauan_at_applica.no>
Date: 18 Apr 2007 03:30:03 -0700

Hi.
My database (10g) has been created with database character set to "Unicode standard UTF-8 AL32UTF8".

The data has been stored correctly. Used select dump(name, 1016) from...
Query returned:
Len = 3 CharacterSet=AL32UTF8: e4, b8, 84 UTF-8 encoding of Unicode character (Traditional Chinese): 丁

Can someone tell me how to select this col into a ProC VARCHAR2 variable? The query in my ProC code returns this a value, but the lenght is equal to 1. How can I get all the 3 octets into my VARCHAR2 variable?
Does it depends on any compilation option, or the PC locale?

BR,
Helge Hauan Received on Wed Apr 18 2007 - 05:30:03 CDT