Re: OCI help: application doesn't work after the database upgraded from 8i to 9i

From: Frances Zhu <franceszhu_at_nortel.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2007 16:31:16 -0400

"Mathias Waack" <M.Waack_at_gmx.de> wrote in message news:4qlff4-um7.ln1_at_valpo.de...
> Frances Zhu wrote:
>
> > My oracle darabase has been upgraded from 8i to 9i. After that, my
> > client application doesn't work any more. I know this is because
> > the OCI library in my client application doesn't support oracle 9i.
>
> What exactly doesn't work?

After the application connects to the database (my test database, which has been upgraded to 9i), it's hung when it calls a stored function. This application work perfectly when it connects to my production database which is still on 8i.

> > The OCI library in my application is pretty old. I need to get oci
> > for 9i or 10g.
>
> Wouldn't suggest using 10g OCI Client against oracle 9i server...

Upgrade to 9i is the first step. After everything is OK, it will be upgraded to 10g. That's why I asked for. If it not good, I'l do step by step.

> > Does anybody know where to get OCI package for C++?
> > Such as OCI wrapper code, or OCI document, or OCI prototype
> > descriptions.
>
> From Oracle -> www.oracle.com. Everything can be downloaded for free.
> The libs are included in the basic instant client, the headers are
> part of the developer package, documentation is available online or
> for download.

Could you please give more detail link? Thanks.

Frances Received on Tue Apr 17 2007 - 15:31:16 CDT