Re: Is there a way to assign rights to schema X to user Y without iterating through every object?

From: sybrandb <sybrandb_at_gmail.com>
Date: 17 Apr 2007 04:50:48 -0700

On Apr 17, 1:45 pm, Jeff Kish <kishjj..._at_charter.net> wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I'm trying to figure out the easiest or most appropriate way to give
> user Y read/write/delete/update on everything in a given schema X
> (just like the creator of schema X has)?
>
> I'm using alter session set current_schema="X" when I log in as Y.
>
> Is it possible? All I see is grant delete on xxx to user y
>
> I'm hoping to avoid having to create scripts that iterate through
> everything and also I'd have to maintain them.
>
> Any gotcha's are appreciated.
> thanks
> Jeff

That 'script' would be a 4-liner and not difficult to maintain.

begin
for tab in (select table_name from user_tables) loop execute immediate 'grant select,insert,update, delete on '|| tab.table_name||'to ....';
end loop;
end;
/

And that's all.
Granting automatically privilege would be a security breach and a violation of the 3-Schema (Conceptual/Logical/Physical) architecture which is implemented in most database product.

--
Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA