NVARCHAR2 gives error with Oracle8.1.7

From: <sachin_mzn_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 17 Apr 2007 04:20:03 -0700

Hi,

I have written a C application using OCI8.1.7 API to work with Oracle Unicode Data Types NVARCHAR2. On executing the application, I receive following error

ORA-03113: end-of-file on communication channel.

But the same application works with OCI9. Does that mean OCI8 does not support 'N' data types? If it does then what is reason of the above error.

Any response in this regard will be helpful. Received on Tue Apr 17 2007 - 06:20:03 CDT