Help needed to find minimum in a series

From: Sandy80 <svarshneymail_at_gmail.com>
Date: 17 Apr 2007 01:41:26 -0700

Hi,

I have the following two tables:

Table 1

Userid       Status
1234          A001
3456          C001

Table 2
Userid       Status      Start Date
1234         A001        01/01/2007
1234         A001        01/01/2006
1234         B001        01/01/2005
1234         A001        01/01/2004

Now what I want to get is the minimum date from table 2 for a userid where his status in table 2 is the same his status in table 1 i.e. for userid 1234 since his status is A001 in table 1 so I want the the date on which his status A001 started in table 2 which means I want the date '01/01/2006.
Can someone suggest how to frame this query. Any help is welcome!!!

Thanks,
Sandy Received on Tue Apr 17 2007 - 03:41:26 CDT