Re: Help required for system database trigger

From: <kishanthakker_at_gmail.com>
Date: 10 Apr 2007 03:37:52 -0700

On Apr 9, 5:29 pm, sybra..._at_hccnet.nl wrote:
> On 9 Apr 2007 04:22:31 -0700, "kishanthak..._at_gmail.com"
>

> <kishanthak..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >I will be highly obliged if any one can help me on
>
> >Creating Database trigger for event of database login.
>
> >We have Oracle9i Enterprise Edition Release 9.2.0.4.0 -
> >ported on Redhat Linux ES rel. 4.
>
> >My SPECIFIC Requirement is
>
> >I want to trap the 'log in' event which is NOT initiated by
> >Oracle forms, Oracle reports and Oracle Plsql.
>
> >i.e. any 'login' other than these programs from windows98/windowsXP/
> >Windows2000 should be restricted.
>
> >I am unable to find any database function which returns this program
> >names.
>
> >some hint on the matter will really be helpful.
>
> >Thanx in Advance
>
> >Kishan Thakker
>
> convert the code to a stored procedure, owned by system,
> and just issue
> select program
> from v$session where sid in (select sid from v$mystat)
> or better still get the session sid from the sys_context function, and
> you are there.
> I would assume sys_context is capable of getting the program column
> from v$session, but I leave it to you to look up the sys_context
> function in the sql reference manual.
>
> --
> Sybrand Bakker
> Senior Oracle DBA

Dear Sybrand,

You are absolutely right. V$SESSION is not showing any thing in 'PROGRAM' column.
Instead 'MODULE' column is showing some details like 'T.O.A.D.' in case I 'log in' from TOAD.
but is not showing any name if I 'log in' from Form or Reports.

any suggestion ?

regards

Kishan Thakker Received on Tue Apr 10 2007 - 05:37:52 CDT