Re: Help required for system database trigger

From: <sybrandb_at_hccnet.nl>
Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2007 14:29:54 +0200

On 9 Apr 2007 04:22:31 -0700, "kishanthakker_at_gmail.com" <kishanthakker_at_gmail.com> wrote:

>I will be highly obliged if any one can help me on
>
>Creating Database trigger for event of database login.
>
>We have Oracle9i Enterprise Edition Release 9.2.0.4.0 -
>ported on Redhat Linux ES rel. 4.
>
>My SPECIFIC Requirement is
>
>I want to trap the 'log in' event which is NOT initiated by
>Oracle forms, Oracle reports and Oracle Plsql.
>
>i.e. any 'login' other than these programs from windows98/windowsXP/
>Windows2000 should be restricted.
>
>I am unable to find any database function which returns this program
>names.
>
>some hint on the matter will really be helpful.
>
>Thanx in Advance
>
>Kishan Thakker

convert the code to a stored procedure, owned by system, and just issue
select program
from v$session where sid in (select sid from v$mystat) or better still get the session sid from the sys_context function, and you are there.
I would assume sys_context is capable of getting the program column from v$session, but I leave it to you to look up the sys_context function in the sql reference manual.

--
Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA