Re: drop user cascade

From: Frank van Bortel <frank.van.bortel_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 06 Apr 2007 14:25:31 +0200

rmohanvp_at_gmail.com schreef:
> I am trying to drop a user which is also the schema owner, so as to
> make fresh import of schema. But some how I am the statement drop user
> scm1 cascade hangs, as I don't see any result after several hours.
>
> Can someone help to guide me what could be the problem.
>
> cheers

Does this user own many tables (with relationships between them) that are large?
iirc oracle will try to execute some delete from table A, in order to find out whether relationships will be broken. If so, it will bark about those relationships.

Try to log on a scm1, and truncate all tables before dropping either the tables, or the user (from another session obviously, avoiding "cannot drop currently connected user")

--
Regards,
Frank van Bortel

Top-posting is one way to shut me up...