Re: Oracle book recommendations requested

From: EscVector <Junk_at_webthere.com>
Date: 5 Apr 2007 13:32:07 -0700

On Apr 5, 1:46 am, "Tim B" <nos..._at_someisp.ca> wrote:
> I have some experience with SQL and some exposure to PL/SQL, and would like
> to advance my knowledge in both. Ideal would be a book that covers both
> thoroughly at the intermediate to advanced level, with best practices and
> examples of solutions to realistic problems. I may be asking too much to
> find this in one book, so recommendations for separate SQL or PL/SQL books
> would be appreciated too.
>
> Thanks,
> Tim B

Here are books I've liked. Unfortunately I have not found a single best source that covers all the necessary ground.

SQL Books

SQL Tuning - Dan Tow - http://www.bookpool.com/ss?qs=dan+tow&x=0&y=0 Art of SQL - Stephane Faroult - http://www.bookpool.com/ss?qs=art+of+sql&x=0&y=0 Joe Celko's Analytics and OLAP in SQL - http://www.bookpool.com/sm/0123695120

PL/SQL
Connor's book is good, but should be updated with the latests stuff from Feuerstein's.

Mastering Oracle PL/SQL: Practical Solutions - Connor McDonald - http://www.bookpool.com/sm/1590592174
Oracle PL/SQL Programming, 4th Edition - Steven Feuerstein - http://www.bookpool.com/sm/0596009771

https://portal.hotsos.com/events/SYM07/speakers-2007/symposium-abstracts-2007/do-the-fast-thing-key-pl-sql-optimization-techniques Received on Thu Apr 05 2007 - 15:32:07 CDT