FK constraints with system-generated names

From: Transalp <nick_williamson_at_mentor.com>
Date: 5 Apr 2007 06:22:23 -0700

I'm trying to fix a schema in a database (database #1) where some of the foreign key constraints have system-generated names (e.g. SYS_C00148724) instead of the developer-chosen names they're meant to have. Having loaded the schema into my own DB (database #2) from a DMP file and renamed the constraints, I export it into another DMP file. When this new DMP file is imported into a new & empty schema in database #1, the FK constraints are created with system-generated names and not the names I chose when I renamed them . Those that were wrong initially are still wrong, and those that were OK are still OK. This is happening on 9.2.0.8 and 9.0.1.4. I've done this process several times in the past, and not had this problem. I'm running all imports and exports as SYSTEM. It even happens if I use the same database for the whole process. What's going wrong?

Exporting the data from database #2 after the FK constraints have been given proper names:

exp owner=chs rows=y indexes=y grants=y constraints=y

Importing the supposedly fixed data back into database #1 (user 'chs' has been dropped and recreated, and has no tables at this point):

imp fromuser=chs touser=chs rows=y indexes=y grants=y constraints=y

TIA Received on Thu Apr 05 2007 - 08:22:23 CDT