Re: How to store 2^128 value in oracle

From: Malcolm Dew-Jones <yf110_at_vtn1.victoria.tc.ca>
Date: 3 Apr 2007 17:54:54 -0800

Anil (anil.malyala_at_gmail.com) wrote:
: I need to store a value equal to 2^128 in an oracle or sybase
: database.
: looks like neither of them support that big of a number.
: Any one has any idea on how to achieve this?
: Thanks,
: Anil

I'm pretty sure Java has a class that handles arbitrarily large numbers, it might be BigDecimal.

Oracle can use Java within the database. Received on Tue Apr 03 2007 - 20:54:54 CDT