Getting an Application to run with both 8i and 10g

From: <faceman28208_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 29 Mar 2007 10:45:01 -0700

I have compiled an application with the 10g libraries. When I run it with a 10g database, it works fine.

The powers that be would like the same application to be able to work with an 8i database. So when I take the same application and change the SID to point to the 8i database I get these errors

ORA-01034: ORACLE not available
ORA-27101: shared memory realm does not exist

If I take the exact same code and link with the 8i libraries, it works fine.

Is it possible to run the 10g-linked code on an 8i database. If so, what am I missing here?

thanks. Received on Thu Mar 29 2007 - 12:45:01 CDT