ODBC call fails under user with no admin rights

From: BookerT <chipw_at_mierbo.com>
Date: 27 Mar 2007 11:39:23 -0700

I installed the Oracle 9i client, like I always do, while logged in with admin rights. I install the basic client, and the ODBC driver, version 9, I believe.

When the user logs on and tries to setup a link to some oracle odbc tables she gets the following error:

ODBC - call failed
Specified driver could not be loaded due to system error 5(Oracle in ORaHome92). (#160)

Unless I am installing a different ODBC driver on other people's machines, this is the way I have done it for all of the users in my building, and they don't seem to have a problem. And some of them do not have admin rights on their box

let me add that the DSN is listed as a system DSN. And it is version 9.0.1 as the ODBC driver.

Perplexed Received on Tue Mar 27 2007 - 13:39:23 CDT