Re: XE cursor handling

From: japlha <japlha_at_gmail.com>
Date: 27 Mar 2007 07:11:42 -0700

On Mar 27, 3:44 am, "Tarby777" <tarbs..._at_yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I hesitate to post this because it sounds silly even to me, but here
> goes...
>
> A colleague is adamant that with open_cursors set to the same value in
> a 9i database and an XE database, he can complete a certain operation
> (in our app) successfully on 9i, but runs out of cursors when he does
> the same thing on XE. Can this be true? No-one else is using the
> databases...
>
> TIA
> Tarby

What version of 9i are you using?
XE and 9i are are different versions therefore they will behave differently.
If he's running out of cursors, tell him to increase the number in the XE database.
Can he use SQL_TRACE to trace each session on the different databases and compare the results?
As to the negative posters (trolls) just ignore them. DBA's are an interesting breed and seem to have a "god complex". Received on Tue Mar 27 2007 - 09:11:42 CDT