Re: Best Oracle front end / Query tool for power users

From: gazzag <gareth_at_jamms.org>
Date: 27 Mar 2007 04:44:45 -0700

On 24 Mar, 01:02, "joel garry" <joel-ga..._at_home.com> wrote:

[deletia]

> Note that I'm using tools every day to load up Excel spreadsheets for
> people who aren't capable of the visual query tool, somehow that
> enhances my pre-existing bigotry against it.
>
> jg
> --
> @home.com is bogus.
> XML is indeed bad for performance: http://www.sqlsnippets.com/en/topic-11783.html

Urgh, tell me about it. I am more and more convinced that MS Excel is nothing more than a tool used by middle-ranking managers to create important-looking, though largely useless, e-mail attachments to send to everyone within their organisation ;)

-g Received on Tue Mar 27 2007 - 06:44:45 CDT