Re: College finals help! End User input in PL/SQL?

From: roadrunner <kevx_at_tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2007 16:37:05 -0400

DA Morgan wrote:

> kevx wrote:
>> sybrandb_at_gmail.com wrote:

>>> The code provided is incorrect. If you still don't know how to address
>>> this, you deserve to fail the final. You don't deserve to succeed the
>>> final by cheating, by getting help from this forum.
>>> In the big world out there nobody will hold your hand.
>>>
>> What a jerk. Seeking the answer is not cheating.
>
> Yes it is. I have a small amount of subject matter expertise on this
> one and the OP's claim that something was "thrown at the last minute"
> doesn't hold water and doesn't matter.
>
> Asking for hints is acceptable. Asking where to find documentation
> is acceptable. Asking for the answer is cheating.
>
> All I needed to read was "final due tomorrow" and I knew this student
> had been, proverbially speaking, out drinking beer when others were
> studying.
>
> The help I'll offer ... learn from the experience.

I repeat, no one was asking for the answer; you made an assumption. maybe you should have taken more than that "one look" at post. As for the "out drinking" remark, would you care to see the class bulletin board on which most of the students are collaborating on trying to figure out these problems? TSK. TSK. Received on Sat Mar 24 2007 - 15:37:05 CDT