Re: Help ORA-07445: Struck again

From: <pankaj_wolfhunter_at_yahoo.co.in>
Date: 24 Mar 2007 00:28:13 -0700

On Mar 24, 11:22 am, "nirav" <shiva..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> > Can someone point me a loop hole in my current procedure
> > or some better way of writing the following procedure
> > or do i need to contact Oracle support time?
>
> > let me know if something else is required
> > >From Alert.log:
>
> > Errors in file /home/udump/psnorad1_ora_24885.trc:
> > ORA-07445: exception encountered: core dump [ldxeti()+20] [SIGSEGV]
> > [Address not mapped to object] [0x0] [] []
>
> Oracle's documentation(Oracle9i Database Error Messages) gives
> following info:
>
> ORA-07445 exception encountered: core dump [string] [string] [string]
> [string]
> [string] [string]
> Cause: An operating system exception occurred which should result in
> the
> creation of a core file. This is an internal error.
> Action: Contact Oracle Support Services.
>
> So the action is only &only to contact the Oracle support. Now if you
> do a search on Oracle Metalink , you may get lucky and get some
> hint..but this is not sure..so ur best bet is to get to oracle support.

Thanks Nirav. But still is there a possibility that if I modify my code is some way
or apply a new patch then the error can be omitted. I am asking this because the works fine on some applications and also goes through when executed on 10g.

Just confirming.........? Received on Sat Mar 24 2007 - 02:28:13 CDT