Re: Best Oracle front end / Query tool for power users

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 23 Mar 2007 17:02:51 -0700

On Mar 22, 2:57 pm, "AlterEgo" <altereg..._at_dslextreme.com> wrote:
> Terry,
>
> Don't forget Excel, which is probably more widely used than Access. The
> visual query tool is good for novices and the SQL view provides more
> capabilities for power users.
>
> -- Bill

Soooooo... what happens when they look at my 10 million row inventory table? I bet it will blow up at row 65331. Hope they don't try joins...

Note that I'm using tools every day to load up Excel spreadsheets for people who aren't capable of the visual query tool, somehow that enhances my pre-existing bigotry against it.

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
XML is indeed bad for performance:  http://www.sqlsnippets.com/en/topic-11783.html