sqlnet.ora causes catestrophic failure

From: slowly_tree <Ryan.Trusty_at_gmail.com>
Date: 23 Mar 2007 12:05:01 -0700

I have inherited an ancient application (VB6) that talks to oracle 8 and 10 via an oracle 9i connector. Have started moving an sqlnet.ora file onto client machines (so that I can quickly redirect db access after I upgrade dbs from 8 to 10). Most work correctly, but a cluster of them die on an VB6 error (catestrophic failure: ADODC1). Received on Fri Mar 23 2007 - 14:05:01 CDT