Re: Help another zipcode delimma

From: Last Boy Scout <Dummy_at_whitehouse.gov>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2007 12:35:37 -0500

Why are you allowing them to enter a 6 digit zip?

You wonder why the zip code is stored with a dash also. Could have one field for the 5 digits and another field for the extra 4 ditits. This would end all the rediculous entries. Need a better design. Be easier to edit as they are entering the data - It is faster!

You could delete the dashes and then just edit the result if it is 9 digits. Why store dashes at all? It is wasted storage space. Should be able to store just the numbers and insert the dash only when it is displayed like a Date.