Re: installation

From: Brian Peasland <dba_at_nospam.peasland.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 09:39:49 -0500

smankad wrote:
> how can i install oracle 7.0 on windows Xp with my P4 3.0 ,512 MB RAM
> in my system
> i tried but failed rectify my probelm.

The only XP platform supported by Oracle is XP Professional. XP Home is not supported.

And Oracle 7 is not supported on XP. You'll have to use at least Oracle 9i.

Why Oracle 7? Why not 10g? You can download 10g from Technet (http://otn.oracle.com) to get started.

While Oracle will run on 512MB, you may find things to be slow. A memory upgrade might be in order as well.

HTH,
Brian

Brian Peasland
dba_at_nospam.peasland.net