How to set Date format in UTL_SMTP

From: aru <arumugam.tp_at_gmail.com>
Date: 20 Mar 2007 04:25:21 -0700

Hi,
I have one strange problem with UTL_SMTP.

I am using the following code to set the date value and format in header buffer:

header:= 'Date: '||TO_CHAR(SYSDATE,'fmDy, DD Mon YYYY fxHH24:MI:SS')|| crlf||

     'From: '||sender||''||crlf||
  'Subject: '||subject||crlf||

'To: '||recipient||crlf||
'CC: '||ccrecipient ;
With this method, the mails sent from database carry SYSDATE of the
machine where the Oracle Database is running. In my case, database is running in India.

People in US complain that they get future-dated mail. Since the database is running in India and there is time difference of 12 hr 30mins between the regions, this is expected. But when I send mail using Java Mail API, I did not have this kind of issue. Anything can be done for this???

Help from somebody is highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Ary Received on Tue Mar 20 2007 - 06:25:21 CDT