Re: Q: problem applying constraint

From: Malcolm Dew-Jones <yf110_at_vtn1.victoria.tc.ca>
Date: 19 Mar 2007 23:29:40 -0800

Maxim Demenko (mdemenko_at_gmail.com) wrote:
: Malcolm Dew-Jones schrieb:
: > I wish to enable a not null constraint, but I can't, and I'm wondering
: > where I should start looking to solve this.

: Does
: select * from ttt_requests where received_date is null;
: yields "no rows selected" as well?

Thanks, this was the hint I need, I forgot we have security policies on some of the tables, so even though I can alter the table, I don't normally see all the rows, and of course that applies to the mass update where I set the column to not-null too.

dbms_rls.disable_grouped_policy fixed it.

: Did you try
: alter table TTT_requests modify RECEIVED_DATE DATE not null
: exceptions into exceptions;
: ?

I've seen that, but my memory is bad and I forgot, it may have helped though I didn't get to that step here, but thanks for the reminder. Received on Tue Mar 20 2007 - 02:29:40 CDT