counting rows in loop

From: <laura_galimberti_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 17 Mar 2007 16:17:07 -0700

Hi,
I am trying to learn pl/sql and I need some help, please. I have written a package with a cursor and a loop, which returns a file with some lines.
The last step I have to do is to write something that returns the number of lines produced in the file: i.e, if the loop retuns 356 lines, I have to write something that calculates that figure and returns the result in the last line.

I was told that I need to create a variable and place it somewhere at this point to do the calculation:

END LOOP; Utl_File.Put(l_Output, 'end of file');

Utl_File.Fclose(l_Output);

I do not quite understand what to do or how to do it, can someone help?
Thanks Received on Sat Mar 17 2007 - 18:17:07 CDT