Alter a char field

From: MattJ83 <mattjones_at_hotmail.co.uk>
Date: 16 Mar 2007 07:25:48 -0700

ok..i have a feeling this is a simple procedure. Basically I have a CHAR field with the date in and I would like to turn this into a string of numbers.

 Eg:
 "28/Feb/2007:13:06:37" ---> "28022007"

Im not sure if i need to put the date into a date field first before i can get this information...? Received on Fri Mar 16 2007 - 09:25:48 CDT