Re: Getting the SID setting?

From: Mark D Powell <Mark.Powell_at_eds.com>
Date: 16 Mar 2007 07:20:09 -0700

On Mar 15, 2:45 pm, sybra..._at_gmail.com wrote:
> On 15 Mar 2007 08:44:17 -0700, "dean" <deanbrow..._at_yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> >And I guess a more general question is: What's a good reference book
> >or web site for these views?
>
> How about reading the manual?
> The Oracle reference manual describes all dictionary views.
>
> And how about to use the DICT view?
> Which I over and over point out again to everyone,
> yet again they prefer to remain lazy.
>
> --
> Sybrand Bakker
> Senior Oracle DBA

Which SID are you asking about? The Oracle system identifier or the session identifier?

You can find all the rdbms dictionary views (DBA_TABLES, DBA_INDEXES, etc...) and the dynamic performance views (v$session, v$instance, etc...) along with the database parameters documented in the Oracle version# Reference manual.

The manuals are available online at http://tahiti.oracle.com

HTH -- Mark D Powell -- Received on Fri Mar 16 2007 - 09:20:09 CDT