Re: problem with pl/sql

From: William Robertson <williamr2019_at_googlemail.com>
Date: 16 Mar 2007 00:34:02 -0700

On Mar 13, 2:17 pm, "news.atom.pl" <a..._at_bb.com> wrote:
> hello, i'm new in pl/sql i have problem with basic command like:
>
> declare
> a number := 2;
> begin
> a := a + 1;
> end;
> .
> run;
>
> becouse database show me:
>
> Executing:
>
> end
>
> ORA-00900: invalid SQL statement
> [Error Code: 900]
> [SQL State: 42000]
>
> Executing:
>
> .
> run
>
> ORA-00900: invalid SQL statement
> [Error Code: 900]
> [SQL State: 42000]
>
> what is wrong, could enybody explain where is problem.
>
> thanks in advantige.
> sw

The code as posted works fine in SQL*Plus (10.1, but I don't see any 10.1-specific features being used here). I think in SQL Server you would type "GO" or "ABRACADABRA" or something.

You don't need a semicolon after SQL*Plus commands such as "run", "describe" etc.

Normally you would terminate and execute the PL/SQL block with the "/" character as others have demonstrated.

I'm guessing the problems occur in some other environment which you haven't mentioned. Received on Fri Mar 16 2007 - 02:34:02 CDT