Re: Having trouble installing Oracle 10g on RHE 4 Linux

From: Jack <jrscrns_at_comcast.net>
Date: 12 Mar 2007 06:33:56 -0700

> It is not Gnome that refuses the connection, but the X server.
>
> You probably have an X authentication problem.
>
> - Does the problem occur with other X programs, e.g. if you start 'xterm'?
> - What is the output of 'ls -l '$HOME/.Xauthority'?
> - What is the output of 'xauth list'?
>
> Yours,
> Laurenz Albe- Hide quoted text -

I can start an xterm session from a terminal within gnome, but I have not checked the
.Xauthority file or done a xauth list yet. The reason that I think it is the gnome is because
I set up an Oracle Express instance on the same machine earlier and I couldn't get the
client PC to connect to the server until I changed the gnome configuration to accept an
outside web browser connection. Also as added information, I am able to make a telnet
connection from the client PC to the Linux server, but the reverse. Received on Mon Mar 12 2007 - 08:33:56 CDT