select case insensitive

From: Mariano <mariano.calandra_at_gmail.com>
Date: 6 Mar 2007 11:46:37 -0800

Hi to all, I need to execute a select query in case insentive way, for example:
select * from table where name LIKE John should gave me all rows with John, JOHN, john and so on.

I've read that usually it's necessary to execute the follow commands: alter session set nls_comp=ansi;
alter session set nls_sort=binary_ci;

Alas nothing changed, I've Oracle Database 10g Express Edition Release 10.2.0.1.0.
Who can help me please? Received on Tue Mar 06 2007 - 13:46:37 CST