Re: Need workaround for Oracle Mutating table

From: Anurag Varma <avoracle_at_gmail.com>
Date: 28 Feb 2007 18:15:59 -0800

On Feb 28, 4:29 pm, arup1..._at_gmail.com wrote:
> I was just referred to this thread by someone. Sorry; I don't frequent
> this list, which explains the delay in the response. I am the author
> of the MetaLink Note. There are a few things I need to say about the
> note.
>
> (1) It was written 12 years ago, in 1995, for Oracle 7.1. That's
> right; 12 years ago. Those days there was no MetaLink. There was this
> focurm on CompuServe (old timers will probably remember that,
> especially the fourm called "orauser"). Another forum was called
> "orasupport", the precursor to the present day MetaLink. When MetaLink
> appeared, Oracle placed some of the docs (even from customers) on
> MetaLink.
>
> (2) I wrote the contents in response to a member's question. I also
> presented the same solution in Oracle World that year. My presentation
> was detailed; but the response was not. The response was highly
> contextual and illustrious in nature to demonstrate a way to resolve a
> thorny issue. There was no intention of going into all possible
> combinations of the problem and how they would all play out. My
> presentation did that, however.
>
> (3) The article is, well, 12 years old. Today the solution could be
> much simpler, e.g. use of autonomous transaction
>
> So, Anurag, I hope I have presented the case to why this should not by
> considered to be "pity" for what I wrote.
>
> Regards,
>
> Arup

Arup,

With all the details on hand, my criticism was probably not worded well.
I do however, want to tell you that I meant no offense and that I consider
your technical writings to be of the highest degree.

That article however I did not agree with ... and since it comes quite high in
metalink search, maybe it needs to be updated a little bit.

Cheers,

Anurag Received on Wed Feb 28 2007 - 20:15:59 CST