Re: sysdate function - possible to override

From: Frank van Bortel <frank.van.bortel_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 21:20:20 +0100

Luch schreef:
> On Feb 28, 1:49 pm, Frank van Bortel <frank.van.bor..._at_gmail.com>
> wrote:

>> timestamp with timezone, anyone?
>>
>> Or are you still on a no-longer-supported-version?
>>

> Can you explain that a little more, please. Is there a function called
> timestamp or something like it? I know it is possible to have a field
> called timestamp, but that isn't relevant to my issue?

What are your developers doing with sysdate? Somewhere, sometime that would end up in the db wouldn't it? Using a timestamp with timezone type in stead of date would allow to rework into any timezome.

Timestamp with timezone is not found in 8i (which is no longer supported, hence the smart remark)

--
Regards,
Frank van Bortel

Top-posting is one way to shut me up...