sysdate function - possible to override

From: Luch <DarthLuch_at_gmail.com>
Date: 28 Feb 2007 10:06:00 -0800

some of our customers need to operate in zulu time but must keep the box their Oracle DB is on in local time (such as Eastern).

We wrote a stored proc to convert the sysdate from their local time into zulu. It works fine. But some programmers will still call SYSDate from their code, which is bad because then the "wrong" time is returned and they won't realize it when developing.

my thinking is to override the sysdate function. Is this possible? I welcome any suggestions on how to deal with above issue. Received on Wed Feb 28 2007 - 12:06:00 CST